Energy conservation is no longer something that could be done, rather this is a measure that should and must be done. Nowadays, energy wastage is such a bad habit that leads to ecological nightmare and financial burden.
Photo from http://members.questline.com/Article.aspx?articleID=1333&accountID=437
Here’s some steps to take to ensure that the energy consumption in one’s business is in control:
- Benchmark – This is the initial step because first and foremost, taking note of the current inventory when it comes to energy consumption will give the full grasp of the energy situation.
- Set Goals – After obtaining the current statistics, set goals on what is aimed in terms of energy savings and sustainability.
- Set Plans – A plan of action is needed to meet the objectives set.
- Preach – Motivation and encouragement among personnel will create the right culture for them to follow.
- Implement Change – Execute the plan through procedures. Ensure to document the changes made for quality improvement or even retention of the process if workable.
- Track, Measure and Verify – This is the most important among all the processes. Relevant information is needed not only to improve the energy consumption of a business but to know if there are procedures that require improvement as well.